Vitamins are organic compounds or substances that your body needs in order to grow and develop normally. Without these, the body and its organs will fail to function and life will seize to exist. Naturally, vitamins can be found from the food you eat and the fluids you drink. But just as anything else in the world, it also needs to be balanced. Overtaking or undertaking any of these vitamins could result to possible health danger and negative consequences. The human body needs 13 vitamins, these are: Vitamin A, B Vitamins (Thiamine, Niacin, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B – 6, Vitamin B – 12 and Folate), Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
As mentioned above, vitamins can mostly be obtained from food and drinks, however in several special cases or in instances where the body lacks certain vitamins; there are supplements readily available as needed by the individual. For some, taking vitamins daily had become a routine since it also strengthens the body and immune system.
Some of the most popular and best vitamin brands are:
- Swanson Vitamins is a product of Swanson Health Products and is probably one of the most widely known vitamin brands all over the world due to its affordability and effectiveness. In addition, you have thousands to choose from depending on your need and preference.
- Usana Vitamins are well known for their high quality supplements. In fact, it has been awarded 5 – Star Ratings and the NutriSearch Gold Medal of Achievement. This is a bit pricey though but quite affordable. Most of their vitamins are multi – purpose so you can be sure it contains everything your body needs. In addition, some of their vitamins have flavors which make it more attractive to consumers.
- Kirkland Signature Vitamins is being used by millions of satisfied consumers all over the world. Their products usually target inadequacy and inefficiency in the body’s nutritional needs. Their products are known to have complete vitamins and minerals which support the body’s immune health as well as metabolism.
- Nature Made Vitamins is the number 1 Pharmacist Recommended Brand in 9 Categories as per US News & World Report – Pharmacy Times Survey. They offer a variety of vitamins from synthetic to herbal sources. Their vitamins also focus not just in the body as a whole but it also focuses on hair, nails and the skin.
- Carlson Lab produces vitamins with a tag line “from A through K”. They are aware that the body needs all these in order to function properly. Vitamin deficiency may lead to health problems and serious illnesses in case it has not been treated or addressed immediately.
- Vitamin Shoppe vitamins offer a variety of supplements depending on your nutritional needs. They are continuously researching in improving their products. They aim to provide vitamins that have a little something extra for the benefit of the body.
Vitamin supplements are not a substitute to natural sources but they can be really helpful.