A typical hair grows about 1.25 centimeters or 0.5 inches per month, a total of 15 centimeters or 6 inches per year. However, there are many cases where in the hair grows too slow and at times becomes problematic especially for women who are always conscious on their physique. Slow hair growth may easily be over seen for some but then, simple things like this may get serious in the future if not addressed. Aside from slow hair growth, other hair problems are also present. There are several reasons for these hair problems.
- Some hair problems are actually caused by your genes which may have been passed on to you by your parents. Since these are usually present at birth, they are usually neglected but remember even these can still be treated or at least alleviated.
- External Factors. Example of this is over exposure to salon treatments like perming, bleaching, hair coloring and other hair treatments that involves chemicals. These could not just damage the hair but could also kill it.
- Stress and Trauma. This means all kinds of stress or trauma. These incidents can actually alter your body’s hormones and will probable result in hair loss or commonly known as balding. Yes it is true that men are more prone to balding but recent studies show that women are also developing rapid balding patterns these days.
- Medications and Nutrient Deficiency. Hair problems is a given when you are undergoing medical treatments like chemotherapy and if you are taking in medication. All substances that enter the body reflect on your hair. Medications contain chemicals that usually harm the hair. On the other hand, insufficient nutrients for whatever reason also do the same to your hair.
- Bad habits like drinking too much caffeine or alcohol and smoking are also contributing factors in hair issues.
Hair growth problems are not hopeless. All you have to do is avoid the major causes mentioned above and take some vitamins good for hair growth. Vitamin C, Vitamin B7, Vitamin H, and Vitamin B3 (Niacin) are essential vitamins for essential hair growth. They usually work together to give you a fast growing hair, as well as a thick one. In addition, hair loss vitamins should also contain Vitamin C, Zinc and Flax Seed for further nourishment. The key to hair loss prevention is to make hair follicles from within. Vitamin C is also essential in the production of collagen. Collagen makes up around 1/3 of your body including your hair. It also produces antioxidants that can protect your hair from free radicals that causes damage to the hair tissues.
You may take these vitamins separately but nowadays there are a lot of purpose – specific vitamins over – the –counter including vitamins for hair growth. Do not forget to check on the nutritional contents of the vitamins prior to purchase since not all have the complete package. Also choose a reliable brand for further efficiency.